26" wheel on a Cross Country

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by hmd520, Apr 21, 2012.

1. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

HMD is building a Cross Country with a 26" . Sorry for the delay been building bars. 45 dergree rake.We will be making a set of one off bars... stretched bags w/ speaker lids...new rear streched fender w/ bagger lites..side cover wings...streched and raked fairing with a 636 headlight... new dagger front fender...new foot boards...new 4" memeory foam drop seat...the bike will have air ride front and rear... it will sit 2 to 3 inches lower than the pic... killer stereo w/ sub....paint will be rediulous. Sorry the pic is off the iphone. LOL [​IMG]
  2. TCB-1

TCB-1 New Member

Oh MY!! Damn it.. Hey how about a Fat 240/250 tire??? That would really set it off..
  3. ddawg

ddawg New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    Fantazmo! Don't apologize - you are pioneer firsters from what I know. I have never heard of anyone putting a 26" wheel on a Vic X-Country. Congratulations!! This will be good stuff. Please keep us posted.
  4. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

I will be building my Vision this winter with a stretched , raked frame with a 26" front wheel. The rear wheel will be a 250.... so im saving the fat tire look for that bike. Should make alot of progress in the next 2 weeks. I will post pics as i go.
  5. ddawg

ddawg New Member

Very exciting stuff. Ballzy. Good for you. You are cutting edge. Ought to get some real good press for your work. Looking at your website - I know it will be badass. Good luck!
  6. edriftmyer

edriftmyer Member

Speaking of speaker lids, any progress
  7. phoenix9

phoenix9 Active Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    When you get these bikes done, you need to bring them up to Bike night at Westgate (Cardinals stadium district). Would love to see a tricked out Victory instead of staring at 30 identically tricked out Harleys.
  8. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

got the rings in friday.. i will start fiberglassing tuesday. Maybe mock up pics by friday.
  9. BMac

BMac New Member

Victory Jackpot
    Going to be sick!
  10. foambuilder

foambuilder Active Member

2011 Cross Country White/Silver
    OK, maybe for looks, but totally impractical IMO. Good for show, but I wouldn't want to ride 6000 miles on it... YMMV or YOMV
  11. ddawg

ddawg New Member

You are one busy, crazy MF-er! Congrats! I am very excited to see your end result. You go.
  12. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

You got the crazy MF-er....rt.. LOL Glassing the lids today... should have pics tomm. Molds tuesday... next bag extensions and rear fender.
  13. VicBaggers

VicBaggers New Member

Victory Fireball XC

I just put on over 5,000 miles in two weekson ours with a 26" front wheel and lowered 3" in the rear. Rides great if done correctly.. Looking good so far... Good luck bro.
  14. Creek_IP

Creek_IP Active Member

Imperial Blue 2012 Cross Country

Ah there goes another one............Some folks just have to trash someone elses IDEA of reality with real world experience and facts. [​IMG]
    I love what you guys (VicBaggers and HMD) are doing with these machines. Am I going to drop that kind of money? No, but I sure respect and appreciate what you mechanical artist do
  15. racky

racky Member

HMD, Right on-Right on Right on, are you working for santa clause?????, It sure sounds like it, making all these new toys for the Vic bikes, You & Vic Baggers, are "Steppin It up A Notch" with the 26" wheel kits, can't wait to see the 3'' lowering air kit. Arizona Victory had a custom Kingpin a few years back, that was about 3" lower than stock, but when the bikes speedgot to 5-10 mph, the air shock would return to stock height so you still had great handling. With all the bags & fender mods your making, your Turning ino the JOHN SHOPPE of vic bike customizers, good luck, & cant wait to see all your Gear.
  16. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

Thanks... saw you bike in some pics.. nice job on the back bone. Real clean. We have been delayed on releasing alot of stuff for the bike. Getting ready to go to Vegas Bikeweek. We are releasing 2 bikes there. We have alot of body parts ready and are in production.
    Good luck to you as well.
  17. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

Thanks .... Shoppe builds some kick ass bikes. We are working with Santa Clause... We will be releasing over 20 parts for the Cross Country and X bikes over Oct and Nov. We have a complete new tail section that includes bag extentions, speaker bag lids, side extended wing panels, and a complete replacement fender with built in bag fillers. We have 2 sets of bagger lites available, and much...much more.
    The air ride we have will slam your bike 4's... It rides great.. it has a built in dampining system, so you can control the ride.
  18. BMac

BMac New Member

Victory Jackpot

Can't wait to see the new parts...when I get home from my deployment i'll be getting a new xc, and i'm sure there will be a few things coming from you guys!
  19. Matthew

Matthew New Member

Dreams and wishes, no bike yet

As a subscriber to american bagger magazine, PLEASE tell me your company will be offering a 250 rear end conversion to the public, I'm tired of trying to find the same quality parts for h-d and so far very few are answering the call though I'm SURE the yells are getting louder. Even now, the only custom frame that I can locate is a v92 bobber kit.
  20. racky

racky Member

HMD, Glad your gonna offer a 250/240 rear tire kit for the Vics, when ya choose your tire you might want to consider the 240/45zr17 that pirelli makes for the ducati diavel, It flat out -out performs ANY other wide tire out there, I've read several articles about how Ducati worked exclusively with Pirelli on this tire (which is standard equipment on the Diavel) to make it handel really well, so you dont have to "Muscle-the-bike" in the turns, and its supoused, to have good mileage too, ...just my 2 cents, and how long before ya post picts????