26" wheel on a Cross Country

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by hmd520, Apr 21, 2012.

1. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

HMD is building a Cross Country with a 26" . Sorry for the delay been building bars. 45 dergree rake.We will be making a set of one off bars... stretched bags w/ speaker lids...new rear streched fender w/ bagger lites..side cover wings...streched and raked fairing with a 636 headlight... new dagger front fender...new foot boards...new 4" memeory foam drop seat...the bike will have air ride front and rear... it will sit 2 to 3 inches lower than the pic... killer stereo w/ sub....paint will be rediulous. Sorry the pic is off the iphone. LOL [​IMG]

2. TCB-1

TCB-1 New Member

Oh MY!! Damn it.. Hey how about a Fat 240/250 tire??? That would really set it off..

3. ddawg

ddawg New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    Fantazmo! Don't apologize - you are pioneer firsters from what I know. I have never heard of anyone putting a 26" wheel on a Vic X-Country. Congratulations!! This will be good stuff. Please keep us posted.

4. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

I will be building my Vision this winter with a stretched , raked frame with a 26" front wheel. The rear wheel will be a 250.... so im saving the fat tire look for that bike. Should make alot of progress in the next 2 weeks. I will post pics as i go.

5. ddawg

ddawg New Member

Very exciting stuff. Ballzy. Good for you. You are cutting edge. Ought to get some real good press for your work. Looking at your website - I know it will be badass. Good luck!

6. edriftmyer

edriftmyer Member

Speaking of speaker lids, any progress

7. phoenix9

phoenix9 Active Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    When you get these bikes done, you need to bring them up to Bike night at Westgate (Cardinals stadium district). Would love to see a tricked out Victory instead of staring at 30 identically tricked out Harleys.

8. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

got the rings in friday.. i will start fiberglassing tuesday. Maybe mock up pics by friday.

9. BMac

BMac Member

Victory Jackpot
    Going to be sick!

10. foambuilder

foambuilder Active Member

2011 Cross Country White/Silver
    OK, maybe for looks, but totally impractical IMO. Good for show, but I wouldn't want to ride 6000 miles on it... YMMV or YOMV

11. ddawg

ddawg New Member

You are one busy, crazy MF-er! Congrats! I am very excited to see your end result. You go.

12. hmd520

hmd520 Vendor

You got the crazy MF-er....rt.. LOL Glassing the lids today... should have pics tomm. Molds tuesday... next bag extensions and rear fender.

13. VicBaggers

VicBaggers New Member

Victory Fireball XC

I just put on over 5,000 miles in two weekson ours with a 26" front wheel and lowered 3" in the rear. Rides great if done correctly.. Looking good so far... Good luck bro.

14. Creek_IP

Creek_IP Well-Known Member

Imperial Blue 2012 Cross Country

Ah there goes another one............Some folks just have to trash someone elses IDEA of reality with real world experience and facts. [​IMG]
    I love what you guys (VicBaggers and HMD) are doing with these machines. Am I going to drop that kind of money? No, but I sure respect and appreciate what you mechanical artist do

15. racky

racky Member

HMD, Right on-Right on Right on, are you working for santa clause?????, It sure sounds like it, making all these new toys for the Vic bikes, You & Vic Baggers, are "Steppin It up A Notch" with the 26" wheel kits, can't wait to see the 3'' lowering air kit. Arizona Victory had a custom Kingpin a few years back, that was about 3" lower than stock, but when the bikes speedgot to 5-10 mph, the air shock would return to stock height so you still had great handling. With all the bags & fender mods your making, your Turning ino the JOHN SHOPPE of vic bike customizers, good luck, & cant wait to see all your Gear.