2015 Recall

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by danainorangecounty, Nov 13, 2014.

1. danainorangecounty

danainorangecounty Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Vegas Jackpot
    Victory Recalls Some 2015 Models For Transmission Issue

[​IMG]

Polaris is recalling some 2015 model year Victory motorcycles because of a problem that can cause the transmission to shift gears or drop into neutral.

The motorcycles recalled include the 2015 Cross Country, Cross Country 8-Ball, Cross Country Tour, Gunner, Hammer 8-Ball, High Ball, Magnum, Vegas 8-Ball and Vision Tour, though only 122 units manufactured between Aug. 11 and Sept. 2 are afflicted with the problem.

Victory is currently contacting their owners to alert them of the issue. Dealers will inspect and correctly install the springs on motorcycles in their inventory. Victory has put a stop sale on the affected vehicles.

The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) states that the transmission shift drum detent roller springs on the affected motorcycles may not have been installed correctly. The detent arm return springs may cause the transmission to unexpectedly change or drop out of gear, potentially causing a rider to lose control and increasing the risk of a crash.

- See more at: Cyril Huze Post Custom Motorcycle News

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

2011 Vision
    122 units.
    That's good.

I worked production on an assembly line for a few years and I've seen instances where the new hire or the fill in relief man put parts on backwards or misaligned them.

What is noticeable is that the NHTSA got involved quickly and issued a recall which most likely means that an accident occurred.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PascoFloyd

PascoFloyd Member

Cross Roads
    That's a small number for a recall for sure. And its a minor repair at best, no major tear down or waiting for parts to be made, "like the back rests".. Just sucks that many have been waiting for the new Magnum to come out and jumped on them. Many it being their first Victory and within a month of ownership, a recall. I just hope they don't loose faith. These are some bullet proof machines. Peace out

4. yamaho

yamaho New Member

2015 Victory XCT...All stock except for stage one pipes..
    So do these recalls come from the dealers or victory them selves ? Never had a recall on any thing before. I got my XCT in October.
    2015 Cross County Tour.
    MN. PGR rider
    Honor ,Dignity and Respect.

5. redmagnum

redmagnum Active Member

2015 Magnum X1
    Got my new Magnum Oct.14,first Vic after 32 years of owning HD's. At least Polaris is jumping on it quickly, HD is very slow to react unless lawsuits start gettin filed! Most of the time they won't get involved and it's just a that's the way they are attitude. I'm not sure if mine is involved in the recall,it shifts good not as clunky as some vic's I've ridden.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  6. PascoFloyd

PascoFloyd Member

Cross Roads
    My buddy bought a 15 Magnum in Oct. Manufacturing date says 9/14. If the info is correct (8/11 thru 9/2) the label don't narrow it down to what day. I am sure Ma Vic has that info. Told him to just wait and see if he gets a letter and not to worry about it. His bike is running perfect with no shifting issues. Actually, I have not seen any post with someone actually having the recall issue. Cant compare this to other manufacturers recalls, its 122 "potential" issues not 122 thousand. Vic has already identified the exact dates and numbers affected and making sure dealers don't sell any more affected bikes before they are checked. 75% of the affected bikes may not have even been sold to the public yet. Checked means all are not assembled wrong, maybe it was only 1 or 2 bikes. They are jumping on it fast and its such a insignificant number I'm surprised its even considered a recall..

7. Jose rosa

Jose rosa Active Member

2014 CCT
    I bet I was anew guy and look what happend he was putting the spring backward everything is funny until some body get hurt or kill I just pray to God that did not happen and they got it on time to fix it .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wantahn

Wantahn New Member

Gunner
    Thanks for the info

9. jjejames

jjejames New Member

2014 Victory Hammer
    Check with your dealer they will be most likely be vin# specific