2015 Magnum Speakers?

Discussion in 'Victory Magnum' started by ddillow, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ddillow

ddillow New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 Victory Magnum
    Anyone know what size the speakers are in the fairing?
    I am looking to upgrade to a better quality.
    Also looking to add the rear bag speaker lids but I think I will just buy the lids and add my own speaker. Anyone know if any size 6x9 speaker will work in them?
    What has others done so far to upgrading these?

2. Ben-Rod

Ben-Rod Active Member

2013 Cross Country
    Stock is 5.25 but everyone upgrades to 6.5...Any 6x9 should work for bag lids but I would make sure to get marine grade for them...

3. Kaaihn

Kaaihn Active Member

Victory Cross Country
    The fairing speakers are still 5.25". You can upgrade to 6.5 with adapter rings.

Any 6x9 will work in the lids, but you may have to lightly modify some of them to fit properly. I just installed my lids with Polk MM69's yesterday, and they fit with no modification to the speaker or lid. I just needed longer screws.

Keep in mind you can't get the grills for the factory lids alone, you have to buy the whole speaker kit. That kit also comes with the replacement hardware for the saddlebag mounts. The mounting kit for the victory saddlebag amp is in that kit as well, if you need it.

The pin system that comes stock isn't rated for the vibration of speakers, they get switched out for bolts.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rusty_CC

Rusty_CC Member

2015 Magnum
    what is the model number of the speakers that come in the lids?

5. Kaaihn

Kaaihn Active Member

Victory Cross Country
    4014879. That's a Polaris part number, I don't know who actually manufacturers the speaker. It's a 4 ohm, 75w max speaker. Safe assumption it's 35w RMS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ddillow

ddillow New Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    WOW that sucks not getting the grills for the lids alone.
    Where can I find the adapter rings for the 6.5's and can you install those and the speakers by just taking off the front grill?

7. Kaaihn

Kaaihn Active Member

Victory Cross Country
    Vtwin audio makes a set, so does hawg wired. There are others as well, those are the ones I know of offhand. I have the hawg wired ones in my CC.

No, you can't install these just by taking off the speaker grills. You need to take off the outer fairing. It's really really easy to take off though. Pop off the headlight bezel, take the 4 screws, remove headlight, disconnect turn signal cables. Remove speaker grills, take out one screw behind each grill holding the fairing on. Then remove 3 screws per side down the outer edge of the inner fairing that holds the outer fairing on. That's it, the outer fairing can be popped off now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ddillow

ddillow New Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Thanks everyone for the input. I have decided to get the 5.25 to 6.5 adapters and install a Rockford fosgate 4 channel amp and upgrade to the 6.5's and remove the 5.25's and tweeters from the fairing. Then in the near future install the speaker lids and use 6x9's in the bags.

9. 3rdElement

3rdElement Active Member

2015 Victory Magnum: Magnum Red over Super Steel Gray
    i am putting a trunk on my magnum you think those 5.25 coming out of your fairing would be better than something i pick up aftermarket?

10. ddillow

ddillow New Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Not if you get a good aftermarket speaker. The factory speakers just don't compare.

11. Kaaihn

Kaaihn Active Member

Victory Cross Country
    The stock (non Kicker) fairing speakers are very poor quality and not rated for much power. If you are not amping the trunk speakers don't worry about the power rating, but if you are check your power level per channel from your amp. Anything over 45w per channel and you should not use the stock (non Kicker) fairing speaker.

I would highly recommend the Kicker 5.25's for the trunk at a minimum. They fit without any modification and can be picked up cheap from someone that got the Kickers stock and upgraded. You are safe up to about 65w per channel power to the Kicker 5.25's.

The rule of thumb guideline I have been told to follow is the amp power per channel should be no more than 25% higher than the RMS (not max) rating of the speaker. Don't forget to factor the ohm rating as well. The amp will tell you what the power is for 4 ohm and 2 ohm, make sure whatever the speaker rating you are comparing is the same ohm rating you are referencing on the amp.

Also, check the magnet size and depth of anything else against the measurements to the Kickers, you likely will have to cut out the plastic wall behind each speaker to fit anything else in there.

• Like Like x 2
  12. vvgrovervv

vvgrovervv Active Member

would like to know how the 6.5 install went. i have the magnum also and the stock speakers suck ass! i cant turn up past 14 with out major distortion. would like to do the upgrade also.
    from what i have seen, the magnum has speaker enclosure boxes from factory. will the rings work with these boxes?

13. Rusty_CC

Rusty_CC Member

2015 Magnum
    I took the boxes off and the rings work the same as with the XC

14. vvgrovervv

vvgrovervv Active Member

does it sound alot better

15. Rusty_CC

Rusty_CC Member

2015 Magnum
    Yes orginally I went with the Hertz 6.5 had to modify them and they sounded good with the Dual Amp I added ...however I bought a set of KS 6.5 Kickers to go with the new Kicker saddle bag speakers I will be installing later I was blown away how good they sounded much cheaper option and sounded great but it was the KS series bot the DS