TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Resale

Thanks for all the help on my earlier questions,

One more for you I have heard resale on the Victory vision bike is not very good can anyone tell me why, once I buy one i'm not planning to sell but just in case I get sick and cant ride down the road for some reason.

Just curious more than anything else

Paul
Give it away when you can't ride anymore.
I never, ever, worry about resale on my motorcycles.
Member of the Ohio Zoo Crew, a loosely organized Victory riding group in the Akron/Canton area.

2011 Vision Tour with 74,000 miles on her riding through 49 States and 8 Canadian Provinces/Territories
Paul, go back to your other sight and post your stupid questions. HD's have no re-sale value today.
Look in the mirror, laugh at yourself..it's healthy!

Frank Coletto
2006 KP Custom />
Retired Bikes:
2011 Blue XC
2009 Vision Tour Premium (Black)
2007 Hammer S
2005 Custom KP
2002 Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2000 Custom C
2006 TC <br
Bubba, you need another cup of coffee this morning? Happy

Victory resale is no different than any other bike manufacturer.....these machines are a commodity....and a depreciating commodity at that. That is a simple fact of life.

Now, HD riders used to have the advantage of supply/demand imbalance that drove a "perception" for a couple decades that it was the bike that was valuable, when in reality it was the lack of supply that made the bike valuable. Now that supply and demand is no longer an issue, the reality is starting to set in and the resale value of H-D is plummeting from what it used to be. Is it higher than other makes? Yep, always will be due to the fact that H-D is the one manufacturer with the highest percentage of "emotional buyers". That will always help them. Anyone who uses the resale value argument is, by definition, one of those irrational/emotional buyers....they have just defined themselves.

So I guess, to answer your question in a round-about way, Victory has less emotional/irrational buyers which keeps the bike at normal resale values.
Last update on October 27 2011, 12:00 pm by phoenix9.
State map2012 by phoenix9 VisitedMexicanStatesMap by phoenix9

QUALITY over speed. Doing a crappy job fast is worthless, so take pride in your work as so few do these days. If you want to lose respect, then act like your work doesn't matter.
I've gotten to be emotional and irrational about my Vision.
2011 VV Silver/Black
XM Radio, Fog lamps, HID Headlight
Passenger arm rests, IP4 handlebar bracket for video taking, Luggage rack, mirror for the wife
The first owner of any vehicle will always take a hit trading it in or selling it privately.

Unless you have a rare vehicle in pristine condition.

A Model T Ford that is in great shape will demand a price several times greater than its original list.

A 2009 F150 will not sell for the original purchase price unless the buyer is a fool.
1979 Triumph Bonnieville sport
2007 Triumph America Drowned Aug 28 2011
2008 Victory Vision Tour Premium Classic Drowned Aug 28 2011
All Black
2011 Vision Tour Silver and Black
It will have a higher resale value than your Yamaha.
Besides, a dealership is not going to give you top $$ for a trade. Better off welling any bike on your own. That "great deal" will be pushed on the back end of your new bike anyway.
Bottom line from a HD/BMW rider... The Victory Vision is the BEST bike I have ever owned!
Chance

2009 Vision - Black/Blue Flames

2008 Bushtec Trailer - Black
It is a recreational vehicle and as such will go up and down with the economy. Those who purchased a Vic, HD, Yam, Suz, Yaw or Honda around 2006 and 2007 will tell you that resale value sucks, I took a beating on my Vegas. Mostly because these were the people paying over retail for their bikes (their houses to). Someone that purchased in 2009 will give you another story. I purchased a 2009 Vision and traded it in a year later only taking $1000.00 hit on the bike. But I purchased it below retail and then there was a big incentive.

I would never purchase any recreational product and worry about trade-in value.
SQUIRREL!!!
I believe old Paul is just playing us. Just my opinion.
Look in the mirror, laugh at yourself..it's healthy!

Frank Coletto
2006 KP Custom />
Retired Bikes:
2011 Blue XC
2009 Vision Tour Premium (Black)
2007 Hammer S
2005 Custom KP
2002 Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2000 Custom C
2006 TC <br
Quote:
Originally posted by: bubba

I believe old Paul is just playing us. Just my opinion.

I know you do....but if he is, this is like hitting batting practice softballs out of the park. Happy
State map2012 by phoenix9 VisitedMexicanStatesMap by phoenix9

QUALITY over speed. Doing a crappy job fast is worthless, so take pride in your work as so few do these days. If you want to lose respect, then act like your work doesn't matter.