TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

vfc3 or stage 1 flash

Well its time for more fuel! I have the atom bomb mufflers and will install the high flow filter and remove the seal when I have this done. So, I would like to hear from anyone who has the vfc3 on a cross bike. I know that the stage 1 flash will be fine I am concerned however about future mods, cams as soon as funds allow, most likely next winter.
Thanks!
If you are getting cams, get the VFC3. I run RPW's, stage I, Took the foam thingy off the air filter and unplugged the 02 sensors. Runs Strong!!
Look in the mirror, laugh at yourself..it's healthy!

Frank Coletto
2006 Touring Cruiser

Retired Bikes:
2011 Blue XC
2009 Vision Tour Premium (Black)
2007 Hammer S
2005 Custom KP
2002 Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2000 Custom C
who has one? Was it hard to set up?
A little update on this....I pulled my plugs after 300 miles plus and didn't like what I saw. (Have RPW's, unplugged o2's, and noise strip pulled.) They looked pretty lean looking. The insulator is still white as new. I just ordered VFC3. I would rather be on the rich side than lean.
Quote:
Originally posted by: jbravo

A little update on this....I pulled my plugs after 300 miles plus and didn't like what I saw. (Have RPW's, unplugged o2's, and noise strip pulled.) They looked pretty lean looking. The insulator is still white as new. I just ordered VFC3. I would rather be on the rich side than lean.

Do you have the stage 1 flash?
2010 XC
Yep, It runs pretty strong with only a rare pop on decel. But I noticed some excess bluing on pipes and decided to check my plugs again. I have been trying to talk myself into believing it wasn't lean. But Its still pretty cool here and my motor seems a lot hotter than my Vegas ran. I think it is right on fence of OK vs too lean. I think the insulator should have some tan color. It kinda looks rich on WOT. Check the pics and tell me what you think.

Jbravo..what pipes do you have? And do you have the high flow filter, seal removed?
RPW slip-ons, stage 1 download, noise reduction seal removed, high flow filter, and O2's unplugged.
Last update on April 24 2011, 1:57 pm by jbravo.