TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Trailer Hitch

Anyone have experience with the Bushtec trailer hitch for the CCT. Or know of another company that builds trailer hitches for the CCT

I have one on my bike.  I love it!  Follow the directions, but don't tighten everything up until you are fully assembled, it might take a little motivation to position everything.  I pull a fairly larger trailer with it with no issues.

IBA #55802

Thanks I have used the Bushtec hitch on My 1800 Gold Wing and HD Ultra before and they worked well! They seem a little pricey, but work well.

Thank you very much for posting this.  I was looking into it and waiting until I return home from this deployment to get that part installed on my motorcycle.  it is interesting that I work on an aircraft that costs millions of dollars, yet I am very concerned about working on my motorcycle.  How much does the Bushtec go for?  Right now, the artist that painted my motorcycle is painting the trunk for that motorcycle and will get that delivered to my place.  

Also, for trailers, any recommendations.  I found www.theusatrailerstore.com and found a good price.  Any suggestions is ways welcomed!!  Thank you very much for everything.

I have never pulled a trailer but love the look of these ones. Yes, I have seen them in person.

https://www.google.com/search?q=voyageur+xl+3+moto...

Central Illinois
New 150 photo NewBike150_zps77e0488c.jpg photo States_to_2013_129_zps23e5d121.jpg

Got one on order, should be here mid March. Not that will be a problem as it's -30 with a - 37 windchill - and thats Celcius.

Have a bushtec hitch on my 2012 XCT and tow 2 different trilers one is an Americas Best the other is a HF one converted to haul my mountain bikes. The XCT tows well and has no issues with power

2012 Cross Country Tour Pearl White

"You know your in trouble when the drums stop beating"

Bushtec seems to pop up alot on the goldwing forums and having a decent hitch on my wing i can see why you dont want to skimp on a cheaper hitch, there are some cheap tubular hitchs for bikes around and they can flex alot and dont support a trailer as well as a good sturdy hitch

2007 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 Kawasaki VN1600 Nomad
Honda VT750
Yamaha Virago 1100
BMW R1100RT
ZZR-1100
CB 750K2

I pull a champion colorado.  I found one I couldn't pass up used.  Its a great trailer, I use it damn near weekly going to costco or lowes.  

IBA #55802

We've pulled trailers behind the different bikes for years. Everything from Cargo to Pop up campers, almost all have pulled well. We had an Aspen Camper with a King size bed that was really too heavy to pull behind a bike. Stopping without ABS was interesting to say the least . Bushtec seems a little pricey but can't seem to find any alternatives.