TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Judge fairing

just paid alot of money for a Batwing fairing for a Vegas and was told it would fit a Judge,it doesn't,Judge forks are wider by 37mm or approx 1 1/2 so they don't line up. Have seen a fairing on a Judge,anybody fitted one or know where to get one.

What brand of fairing did you get? If you find brackets for a boardwalk or highball, they are the same width.
2008 Vision Street
Custom paint; tinted lights & turn signals; Ness flip shield; Lloydz cams, timing gear, PCIII; 8 degree triple trees; Hot Vic 26" Windmill billet wheel, cheese wedge covers, derby & cam covers, loud exhaust, King tips; Hot tails custom seat...

2012 High Ball
Custom swept exhaust; performance air filter; clear smoke lenses; Hot Vic sissy bar, lowered 1.25"; Witchdoctor 2" peg extensions & pegs, Custom Gator Skin seat & passenger pad...

Thanks for reply,got fairing through Cycle-Werks,told them it was for a Judge but through lack of fitment knowledge it was sent any way saying i purchased a Vegas fairing and that's what i got and i suppose i should have done more homework.
Going to reverse the brackets on the forks and adapt new brackets and hope it all comes together.
Getting back to your advice i still haven't found any fairings for Hi Ball or Boardwalk,it seems there is a basic Vegas mould being sold by different outlets.

The_Judge said...

just paid alot of money for a Batwing fairing for a Vegas and was told it would fit a Judge,it doesn't,Judge forks are wider by 37mm or approx 1 1/2 so they don't line up. Have seen a fairing on a Judge,anybody fitted one or know where to get one.

Fairing on a Judge????? Cmon man, why on earth would you want to do that? If you wanted a fairing, you should of went for a touring bike. I dunno, whatever floats your boat. 

"you gotta pay to play"

The_Judge said...

Thanks for reply,got fairing through Cycle-Werks,told them it was for a Judge but through lack of fitment knowledge it was sent any way saying i purchased a Vegas fairing and that's what i got and i suppose i should have done more homework.
Going to reverse the brackets on the forks and adapt new brackets and hope it all comes together.
Getting back to your advice i still haven't found any fairings for Hi Ball or Boardwalk,it seems there is a basic Vegas mould being sold by different outlets.

I got it to work when I had my firty Judge, got tired of taking a beating on longer rides thats why and if you want to go sporty take it off, I had to mod the brackets a bit but got them to work

Hi,i saw your bike a while ago and i knew it could be done,it should turn a great cruiser into a better tourer with out the extra weight.
Have spoken to a Vegas rider who has a batwing fairing and was told his fairing starts to push back at hiway speeds,have you noticed this on yours?
I like the side panel decals,i had on the bright yellow 'The Judge' from 69 Pontiac,now swapped to flat black,unfortunately i think the new Judge wont stick out from the crowd without those side panels.
Thanks for your input.

I think the fairing looks fine!  Say, what hard bags are those?  I think your bike looks great.

1981-1982 '73 Kawasaki H1 500; 1982-1984 '76 Honda CB 450; 1984-1989 '82 Yamaha Virago 750; 1989-Present '89 Harley XLH 883 (2002 became 1200); 2005-2008 '95 Harley FXSTSB "Bad Boy"; 2013-Future '13 Victory Judge.

...that bike belongs to 'myfirstvic' who answered my thread,give him a holler but i do like your bike as it's same colour as mine but i have HiBall bars and cables cos i have arms like a squirrel and gave me better reach,black and chrome mufflers,would like to get a single seat or sprung seat just to be different.