TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Advice on best fuel controller for a Vision

Currently running the VFC 3 with my bike.  Cams, intake, timing wheel, recored pipes.

Have my auto tune sitting in a drawer while I wait for the PCV to show up.

The VFC is fine for raw tuning.  It'll do the job, you'll run good, make decent horse power.

The PCV is more precision tuning, it recognizes front and rear, throttle and rpms. 

The PCV won't necessarily get you more power, what will it do is fine tune your bike to make sure the power delivery is a smooth as possible.

I've got some burps in mine that I can't seem to get out of with the VFC so I'm trying the PCV and auto tune route. 

2012 CCT 26000 and counting
previous rides
2010 CC 22,000 and sold
2004 Kingpin 52,000 sold
1999 V92C haven't a clue, if you were a 99 rider you know why

supascape said...

Hello everyone.  I am looking for the best fuel controller option for my 2008 Victory Vision.  I think that I have narrowed my choices down to the Lloydz gen 3 Victory fuel controller and the DynaJet Power Commander 5. I currently have the Witchdoctor Vision baffled Muscle Muffler installed and I would like to purchase the controller that works well with those particular pipes.  My bike rides really well now but I get the occasional pop during deceleration here and there and I would like to get rid of it as much as possible. My gut says spend the extra money, get the Power Commander with a dyno. However, I am hearing some pretty good things about the less expensive Lloydz.  Any advise would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

You say it runs good and now and then a pop. Un hook your 02 sensores and I'll bet it goes away and you can save the money on a tuner 

All I can tell you is that I visited Lloyd at his shop a few weeks ago for some work and here's how it went down. Told him I wanted his top filter, adjustable timing gear, Idle air valve and either a VFC3 or Power Commander 5 to go along with a set of Ness Big Honkers and a dyno tune on my Vision 8 Ball. The only other option was possibly doing cams next year. Then I let him decide whether to go VFC3 or PC5. He suggested going with the PC5 - so that's what I did and I'm very happy with the results.

Jim 

'02 TC Blue/Silver
D+D's Stg.1
'10 VV 8Ball
Ness Honkers PC-V Lloyds IAV + Adj.Timing Gear Dyno tuned by Lloyd 95.4HP/114.8TQ
  likes this.

Sounds good! I am having cams and pistons along with PC5 with auto tune done now by The Custom Shop here in MD. How do you like the big honkers? I have D&D 's that sound good but I want something louder. 

I'll tell youi that the Big Honkers are not as loud as the D+D's on my TC, but I really like the sound of them when I get on her.

'02 TC Blue/Silver
D+D's Stg.1
'10 VV 8Ball
Ness Honkers PC-V Lloyds IAV + Adj.Timing Gear Dyno tuned by Lloyd 95.4HP/114.8TQ

Wish you well either way you go ..

Last update on July 8 2013, 9:22 pm by JayFL726.
[URL=http://s224.photobucket.com/user/jaystronghawk/media/OZE_zps5089d021.jpg.html][/URL] 2012 Cross Country, Freedom True Duals, Lloyds Filter, PCV w A/T

Not many qualified Victory Dyno mechanics in my area. The ones I can find wanted $300 or more to do the work.  Since I wouldn't know if they did a good job until after I ride the bike I went with a PCV with Autotune. To quote a trusted mechanic "If you change the pipes you will never get rid of all the popping".  My bike went from 38.7 MPG to 43.2 MPG after adding the PCV-AT with a smoother acceleration. I have the front and top air filter with custom dealer pipes similar to Witch doctor's pipes. Prior to PCV I had a stage 1 download with O2 sensors disconnected. Lots of popping. Now I rarely hear a pop. I accepted the AT trims for the first 1000 miles. Now I just ride and let it monitor the bike. When I add cams I will not need a dyno. I will select a map that is close to my set up and let the AT do the rest. Keep in mind dynos are only good for your current upgrade.  Any future upgrades will require a new dyno. More $$$$.

I am not who I say I am or am I?

mrpresident said...

Sounds good! I am having cams and pistons along with PC5 with auto tune done now by The Custom Shop here in MD. How do you like the big honkers? I have D&D 's that sound good but I want something louder. 

Have you heard The Custom Shop's (Actually it is Kustom Shoppe) pipes?  It seems like everyone in Southern MD has his pipes including me. He has a set on his Vision.

I am not who I say I am or am I?

I have a question (actually lots of them) regarding this fuel controller topic.  I ordered a PCV, which I don't have yet, and now after reading all these articles and posts I'm wondering if I even need it.  I have Big Honkers and have disabled the O2 sensors.  I was under the impression that I would need to install a fuel controller, which is why I purchased the PCV.

Now I am reading that after installing it, I will need a Dyno Tune???  Does that mean the bike won't run properly after installing the PCV if I don't immediately get a (very expensive) dyno tune?  If I add the auto tuner, does that negate the need for the dyno tune?

I'm getting more confused every minute.  I just want my bike to run like a Swiss watch.

Help!!

Pam 

2013 Red Vision
Ness Big Honkers
Lloydz Adjustable Timing Wheel
Lloydz big sucker intake
Power Commander V
Utopia back rest
Luggage rack
Passenger armrests
Heel shifter
A$$h0le seeking missile system.

Pampurrs, yes you'll need to have the PCV Dyno Tuned. You may be able to download a preset tune for the PCV that'll get you close to what your bike needs, but having it Dyno tuned will allow it to be fined tuned.  Provided your tuner is good. 

Personally I like Lloydz VFC-III.  Its fairly easy to install and easy to adjust.  It works great for my bike and I've been able to make the needed adjustments to get it running great. 

'13 Victory Vision, Sunset Red, S1L2
'04 Yamaha Roadstar, Custom Painted, SOLD
'04 Kawasaki Meanstreak (actually the wife's)