TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Sena Bluetooth Works Great

I installed the Sena bluetooth headset, dongle and the Victory Audio Harness (Y cable) last night. I have a 2012 CCT and a Shark Evoline Series 3 helmet. Installing the Audio Harness was a breeze because all I had to do was remove the headlight for access to the oem radio where it plugs in. I wasn't looking forward to removing the fairing and was glad I didn't have to. The Sena dongle plugs into the Audio Harness and the Sena headset easily installed into the Shark helmet. It took all of about 3 minutes to sync the Sena headset to my iPhone and the Sena radio dongle to the headset. All in all it's a 30 minute installation taking your time to read and re-read the instructions.
Last update on June 29 2013, 9:15 am by Chicago_Mark.
All the best,

Mark

www.bikersforchrist.org

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

Chicago_Mark said...
I installed the Sena bluetooth headset, dongle and the Victory Audio Harness (Y cable) last night. I have a 2012 CCT and a Shark Evoline Series 3 helmet. Installing the Audio Harness was a breeze because all I had to do was remove the headlight for access to the oem radio where it plugs in. I wasn't looking forward to removing the fairing and was glad I didn't have to. The Sena dongle plugs into the Audio Harness and the Sena headset easily installed into the Shark helmet. It took all of about 3 minutes to sync the Sena headset to my iPhone and the Sena radio dongle to the headset. All in all it's a 30 minute installation taking your time to read and re-read the instructions.

will justthe dongle work if I dont need a headset ?? just looking to stream music to the bikes radio from my iphone... thanks 

Hmd520 bagger bars
Hmd520 recessed cut exhaust tips
Hmd520"slam kit" (3" drop)
Arlen Ness holeshot grips
Arlen Ness rad III mirrors
Victoryhid headlight
Klock werks windshield

yankphan said...

will justthe dongle work if I dont need a headset ?? just looking to stream music to the bikes radio from my iphone... thanks 

No, I don't think so. The Sena dongle that physically connects to the CC or CCT radio seems to only only pair with the Sena bluetooth headset in my helmet. The Sena bluetooth headset connects to my iPhone and to the bike's 'media' when I turn it on. If I used a non Victory bluetooth GPS, I think that would also pair with the Sena bluetooth headset. The Victory GPS, as far as I know, wires directly into the bike's radio so those instructions should come through the bike's speakers. Or through the Sena bluetooth helmet headset. As far as I can tell, the Sena bike dongle will not pair with anything but the Sena headset. 

Last update on August 12 2013, 9:36 am by Chicago_Mark.
All the best,

Mark

www.bikersforchrist.org

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

I finally got mine to work right.  When the bike was new it wouldn't power up so they put a new radio in.  then it would pair but the sound was complete static. I had to fight them but they put another radio in and now it sounds great.

Paul Simpson

Can you switch between using the headset and using the speakers? If I am just riding around town I would prefer the speakers, but hiways and trips I would prefer the Sena headset.

2013 Sunset Red XC
HMD Bars
Lowered 1 inch
Hard Lowers
Driver and Passenger Backrests
Witchdoctor Black Luggage Rack
Witchdoctor shorter kickstand with extension
Heated Seat and grips
Reverse
Passenger Grab Rails Powder Coated Matt Black
Kewl Metal Heel Shifter
Bag Rails Powder Coated Matt Black
Mastad Brackets

The Victory (Sena) blue tooth dongle pairs with any bluetooth receiver.  I've been using this one for the past riding season and have been impressed with how well it works.  http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/product/SHKMBT... .  And yes, you can turn the bike's speakers off and stream audio from the bike's bluetooth dongle to a bluetooth headset.  - Mike 

2012 Pearl white Cross Country Tour RPW Slipons with Power Commander V/AT Lloyds Touring Cams, Airbox and Timing Gear
2" Pullbacks, Victory Backrest and Luggage Rack

It's amazing the sound coming out of my SENA headset.... when on the phone peeps have no idea I am not on a landline it comes through so clear....

Now if I could only train my phone to call the right people thru voice dialing I would be good. 

Dobeck EJK Fuel tuned with A/F meter
Polaris Hi-Po filter
Lloyds Timing Wheel
Relocated Air Shock fill hose
WD SkidPlate reinforced
Hyper running/brake lights
Ride-On TPI
Garmin GPS
Existential Secular Humorist with warrior Buddhist leanings
*Rider/Owner continuous since 1973 - 800,000+ miles USMC R

I have a Scala Q2..but I want the new Sena 20S. I hear that it it will pair to any brand. And has much better speakers. I would love to have my radio Ipod to come through the headset when I want it to and speakers when I am just tooling around.

2013 Sunset Red XC
HMD Bars
Lowered 1 inch
Hard Lowers
Driver and Passenger Backrests
Witchdoctor Black Luggage Rack
Witchdoctor shorter kickstand with extension
Heated Seat and grips
Reverse
Passenger Grab Rails Powder Coated Matt Black
Kewl Metal Heel Shifter
Bag Rails Powder Coated Matt Black
Mastad Brackets

I use the sena headset with my phone, I can make calls, listen to mp 3s and FM radio, use the gps on the phone, so far it's great. I don't know about the intercom, I have yet to ride with anyone else who has a Sena setup to pair with.

"Wild Man Henry"
1981-1982 '73 Kawasaki H1 500; 1982-1984 '76 Honda CB 450; 1984-1989 '82 Yamaha Virago 750; 1989-Present '89 Harley XLH 883 (2002 became 1200); 2005-2008 '95 Harley FXSTSB "Bad Boy"; 2013-Future '13 Victory Judge.