TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Driving Too Slowly In The Left Lane May Soon Be Illegal In Florida

Yes, Florida is known for great Winter weather, the antics of its residents and of course, an occassional hurricane, but check this out, it may soon be illegal to drive more than 10 MPH below the speed limit in the left lane. 

Here's the story from AOL Autos:

http://autos.aol.com/article/Florida-speed-limit-t...

Comments? 

Founder Of The VOG
  and  like this.

For 10 miles under?  Last I was in Florida, driving the speed limit was at least 10 miles under traffic flow.

likes this.

Hallelujah!! Should have made it 5 mph under.

"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow- witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him." - Leo Tolstoy
  and  like this.
Hell ya, it should be illegal to be in the left lane if you'renot passing slower moving traffic! These dumbasses that hangout in the left lane disrupt the flow of traffic and cause accidents!
2010 XC

bikendad said...
Hell ya, it should be illegal to be in the left lane if you'renot passing slower moving traffic! These dumbasses that hangout in the left lane disrupt the flow of traffic and cause accidents!

I totally agree .. Also instead of a $60.00 Fine should be a $600.00 Fine ..  Trying to get to Alachua today on I-75 The Left lane was actually the slowest lane with 3 lanes of traffic ...

[URL=http://s224.photobucket.com/user/jaystronghawk/media/OZE_zps5089d021.jpg.html][/URL] 2012 Cross Country, Freedom True Duals, Lloyds Filter, PCV w A/T
  likes this.

Back in the 80's I was pulled over in Alabama for "traveling in the passing lane".   Of course, it was 1AM and I was the only other car visible so maybe he was just bored. 

I'm not sure about setting a metric like "10mph under posted limit" since every jack up is going to lead to 3 miles of violaters. I'd prefer enforcement of "Keep Right Except To Pass".  But when you starting having a discussion on this in mixed company (i.e. with the idiots parking in the left lane) they go on about how "well you're exceeding the speedlimit anyway" blah blah blah.

People generally forget that traffic laws are there to keep traffic flowing as safely as possible and sometimes "fair" simply doesn't even enter the picture.

"Oh, bother", said Pooh as the tripwire clicked...

2012 Victory Cross County Tour, Red, Bassani Black Ceramics, Lloyz Wheel, Madstad Windshield...
  likes this.
When the asshats force me to pass on the right, I do my best to rub out their paint on the way by (when I'm in the cage of course)!
2010 XC

It should be law everywhere.

Motorcyclist I am.
  and  like this.

It's already a law in some states.  Too bad it's rarely enforced.  You want to know some of the safest roads in the world?  The Autobahns in Germany.  Unlimited (or rediculously high) speed limits in most places and you'd better not be in the left lane unless you're passing someone.  Big fines, car impounded, etc.  Very few accidents on the Autobahn.  I don't know that there should be a set speed under the limit for the left lane.  Like bikendad said, it should be illegal if they're not passing, period.

Four wheels move the body
...Two wheels move the soul

Chris "Monkeyman" Gray
Widows Sons "Overseers"
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1986-1990
2012 Victory Vision
2007 Kawasaki Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860
  and  like this.