TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Installing Saddlebags on the Judge

I got my saddlebags and installed them last night.  The process wasn't difficult.  As long as you have the right sized allen wrench and socket you should be good.  However I did have an issue with no istructions for one piece.  They are Lock and Ride.  So you buy the Saddlebags and then you buy the mounting kit seperately.  The mounting kit came with good instructions and I was able to mount the studs with little problem.  However the Saddlebags themselves came with no instructions at all and they included the latching braket. There was no instructions whatsoever on how to install the bracket.  I had to search on the internet to find it.  Turns out the back of the rear footpeg bracket has two small threaded holes to receive the bracket.  Just put the rubber pads on the bracket to keep tension on the bolts and tighten it up.    I wasn't real thrilled with the look of this bracket with the sadllebags off.   The mounting studs also were a little more  prominent than I would have liked with the bags off. 

photo Vicbanner.jpg
Had them on one of my Vegas's and thought the studs were a little out of place. Went with the ghost brackets and have no complaints. The plus is I was able to use any saddle bag with the ghost which saved me a ton of money on something I rarely use. Not sure if thy have ghost brackets for the judge yet.
SQUIRREL!!!
  likes this.

I'd have to double check, but I thought these were the Ghost brackets.  At least that is what the invoice says.

photo Vicbanner.jpg

The posts are too bad, the latching bracket is the thing that really looks out of place.  Plus it's not flat black.  It's glossy with a green tint.

photo Vicbanner.jpg
Are they manufactured by ghost or are they victory lock and ride brackets? Ghost brackets should have come in a gloss black crinkle finish.
SQUIRREL!!!

The outer most part of the post is a glossy black and grey finish that looks textured.  Not sure if that is the crinkle you are referring to.

photo Vicbanner.jpg
Do you have bags with a victory logo?
SQUIRREL!!!
Yes they are victory bags made for the judge. The lock and ride spools are what are recommended I. The catalog to install it. I'll post a pic later. Getting ready to watch iron man 3 right now.
 photo Vicbanner.jpg

dsjr70 said...
Had them on one of my Vegas's and thought the studs were a little out of place. Went with the ghost brackets and have no complaints. The plus is I was able to use any saddle bag with the ghost which saved me a ton of money on something I rarely use. Not sure if thy have ghost brackets for the judge yet.
l did the very same thing on my Vegas. 
I think Polaris are missing a trick with this.  

I assume the posts stick out so far because they have to leave room for the back rest if you want to mount that as well. If I had a shorter bolt I could leave off the back rest bushings.
 photo Vicbanner.jpg