TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

So Sad...

awe man!!! got sad sad news...  Less than 24 hours of Vision ownership and its out of commission already.  130 miles into my break in ride today and it started making a very loud "ticking" lifter noise.  Called the dealership to report my trouble as I was about 40 miles outside of town.  Was told to ride it in and they'd look at it.  After some research it appears my Vision has a bad lifter.  The dealership has the bike now and is trying to contact their reps at Victory.  The dealership is going to push for a NEW replacement bike instead of having to pull the engine to replace the lifters. 

In the mean time, they've given me their Cross Country Tour demo bike.  After being on the Vision all day, the XCT is NOT the bike for me.  The Vision is much more comfortable, has more leg room, the electric windshield is just awesome!, and the handling is outstanding.  Riding the XCT at the end of the day really showed me that the Vision is the right bike for me.  Now if I could just have one that's got a good motor in it & I'll be set.

Last update on May 1 2013, 9:22 pm by steve76t.
'13 Victory Vision, Sunset Red, S1L2
'04 Yamaha Roadstar, Custom Painted, SOLD
'04 Kawasaki Meanstreak (actually the wife's)

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted on how quickly the factory reacts to this situation. 

Founder Of The VOG

That really sucks. I was just starting to get excited about your new ride and now you don't have it to ride. Heck it doesn't even have a name yet.

Last update on May 1 2013, 9:26 pm by Oldman47.
Central Illinois
New 150 photo NewBike150_zps77e0488c.jpg photo States_to_2013_129_zps23e5d121.jpg

That sucks, but at least the dealer is doing the right thing.  

and  like this.
Super bummer
Extra Super Bummer

Somebody on another site had a CCT with the same problem found a cap missing on a lifter keeping it from filling with oil.

2013 Vision
2003 Ultra sold
2011 Vision hers
2006 Ultra hers sold
2000 softail hers too

Dang!

2012 Victory XCT Pearl White "The Great White" -
74 CB500T - stable
Retired; 06 FLHXI 95, 00 FLSTC 88B , 79 FLH80 , 82 Katana 550 , 82 KZ1000 J2 , 82 Virago 750 , 79 KZ750T ,
74 CB360T , 74 Suzuki TS125

update #1 - dealership called today to let me know that their Victory rep agreed to replace my Vision.  Now they need to get some sort of factory approval for the replacement.  Hope to get a call tomorrow on the status of the replacement and a timeframe.

'13 Victory Vision, Sunset Red, S1L2
'04 Yamaha Roadstar, Custom Painted, SOLD
'04 Kawasaki Meanstreak (actually the wife's)

steve76t said...

update #1 - dealership called today to let me know that their Victory rep agreed to replace my Vision.  Now they need to get some sort of factory approval for the replacement.  Hope to get a call tomorrow on the status of the replacement and a timeframe.

That's great news, Steve.  Under the circumstances, I'd say that's the only acceptable solution.

Anyone who knows me would tell you that I'm about as far removed from "The glass is half-full" kind of guy as you can get, but it sounds like the loaner went a long way towards assuring you chose the right bike for you.

I hope Vic wraps this up muy pronto.

and  like this.

Oldman47 said...

That really sucks. I was just starting to get excited about your new ride and now you don't have it to ride. Heck it doesn't even have a name yet.

Name should be Take 2 

Pray for the ones that fight for the right that you can!
Bill And Sarah