TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Suede Judge Cleaning

Hello VoG!

In reading my Judge owners manual for the 100th time, it lists specific cleaning instructions for cleaning the Suede finish. Such as "Pure Victory Suede Polish Protectant" and "Pure Victory Suede Cleaner".

I am a bit anal about following owners manuals, but spending the coin on the MFR cleaner seems a bit much.

What are you guys using to take care of your Suede finish/clean and wax your bike?

The bike rides so smooth!

Thanks!
Last update on April 12 2013, 2:32 pm by Nohuhu.
That was the reason I bought the red Judge!

Harley makes a great cleaner/polish for the suede finish and although I'm not sure how it compares $$ wise, it's much easier to come by....and it's fun to ride the Judge to the Harley dealer! I parked mine right up on the apron with all the Harleys! Had a good time ribbing the HD guys!
  and  like this.

me too, notaharley.
 and boy, don't they hate it, Wink
 DREDD.  

I use amonia free windex. Very cheap available almost everywhere. Spray windex on and wipe with a micro fibrer cloth. Do not use wax unless you want to get rid of the "suede" finish. 

The salesman at my dealer say he uses Windex and a microfiber cloth. He didn't specify ammonia-free. 

Nohuhu said...
Hello VoG! In reading my Judge owners manual for the 100th time, it lists specific cleaning instructions for cleaning the Suede finish. Such as "Pure Victory Suede Polish Protectant" and "Pure Victory Suede Cleaner". I am a bit anal about following owners manuals, but spending the coin on the MFR cleaner seems a bit much. What are you guys using to take care of your Suede finish/clean and wax your bike? The bike rides so smooth! Thanks!
I found a twin pack of cleaner AND protectant online for $12.   Didn't seem too pricey to me.

photo Vicbanner.jpg
JerryWawak said...

I found a twin pack of cleaner AND protectant online for $12.   Didn't seem too pricey to me.

Very nice! Can you post a link to the website please? Thanks

Thanks Jerry!

The best stuff I've found is called Prprep.  It's amazing for the black as well.  That's all I ever use on my Hard-Ball.

http://www.2wheelpros.com/silkolene-pro-prep-silic...

2010 Cross Roads
2013 Hard-Ball