TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tri Ovals

I picked up my 2013 XCT Today after 500 mile service and Stage 1 Tri Oval Exhaust. I love the sound of the pipes. They are awesome !

Cool!  I'm giving the tri ovals some serious thought.  I like the looks and don't want pipes that are loud, but wouldn't mind a deeper rumble than the stock pipes.  And if the Stage 1 makes the bike run cooler and better then that's an added plus.  Just have to get over the initial cost of these bad boys.

I like the look and the sound of my Tri Ovals. Low rumble at idle, low growl on acceleration.

Rick
Black 2012 Cross Country
Stage 1 Tri-oval exhaust
Passenger backrest
Highway pegs
  likes this.

I just broke down and bought the tri-ovals for my 2013 Cross Country. I like them. The bike sounds different low rumble. (what I was going for) I dont believe all the hype about low end torque the dealer was telling me about and less gas mileage. So far everything seems the same except the low rumble and the glossy tip on the back of the pipe. I would give it two thumbs up... Mapped and tuned along with setup and installation ran me $985.00 and a free oil change kit.

What's crap is the only way I know to get these is with the stage 1 package deal.  Something I don't need, just the mufflers.  I'd like to see some dyno numbers comparring them to stock and even the original stage 1 mufflers. 

scorpion6 said...

What's crap is the only way I know to get these is with the stage 1 package deal.  Something I don't need, just the mufflers.  I'd like to see some dyno numbers comparring them to stock and even the original stage 1 mufflers. 

I've heard of others buying them without the Stage 1 (as they already had a PC-V) and (I think) that they were still pretty pricey (around $700).  They DO sound VERY good though.  Almost as good as the $800 Ness Thunderheaders but IMHO $700 or $800 is a bit "too rich" for a set of pipes.

Last update on April 17 2013, 11:09 pm by ndabunka.
Its not just any old victory. It's MY Victory!
2011 Ness Cross Country #120

Glad to read posts of people likng the Tri Oval sound. I bought that set-up with my 2012 CCT. Is it normal to install them at 0 miles or wait till the 1st service. My CCT is inbound on a dealer to dealer transfer.

When I test road a used CCT last week, my only complaint was the exhaust system seemed to really constipate the engine. I like an authorative rumble but not a loud exhaust. 

Last update on April 17 2013, 11:34 pm by Chicago_Mark.
All the best,

Mark

www.bikersforchrist.org

The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat

Chicago_Mark said...

When I test road a used CCT last week, my only complaint was the exhaust system seemed to really constipate the engine. I like an authorative rumble but not a loud exhaust. 

You really don't need to have the bike broke in before adding the pipes & mapping.  Break-in is break-in and the pipes won't make a difference if you do your break-in properly. I have heard that some dealers won't install the performance parts before breakin.  But dealers will without question. 

Last update on April 17 2013, 11:54 pm by steve76t.
'13 Victory Vision, Sunset Red, S1L2
'04 Yamaha Roadstar, Custom Painted, SOLD
'04 Kawasaki Meanstreak (actually the wife's)

I'm still interested in this conversation. the Tri ovals sound good, but 'm also considering the Freedom Performance true duals. I'm not sure if I like the way the rear pipe routes around the clutch area. they both sound good, but i think the freedoms give a deeper growl. they also have technology involved in the system.(a five stage system ) plus the cost of the air cleaner and stage one set , that comes with the tri-ovals. have i missed anything?? i've only been bouncing this around for a year now.

BEEN RIDING SINCE '66

Added the Tri Ovals at 500 mile service. According to yalls price I got burned. 999.00 dollars plus tax plus one hour labor. The K&N with the remap came with it. I had them leave out the rubber sound strip. Do feel a little performance change. Very little. Definate sound change at idle with the air sucking. Not bad though. Good soud when throttle is twisted abruptly. Soon going with Lloyds Air Filter, IAV, Cams, Adjustable Timing and PC V along with a Dyno at Gainsville Victory. I hear Kevin is the best Tech in this area, although I will ride 6 hours to get to him. Not going to change the Tri Ovals. These are sharp, Like they were made for this bike design. Hope they dont get bad raps on performance end.

Silverhillbilly