TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Need new rear on my 04 Kingpin... Where to buy a Dunlop D407 online??

Hi everybody. I've done my research and I've decided to try a Dunlop D407 for my 04 Kingpin rear tire. Yes I know the tire has Harley Davidson printed on the side - don't care you can barely see the sidewall on the rear anyway. I want a good tire and it seems like everyone loves this one.

My question.... Does anyone know where to order this tire online? I see so many internet sites talking about the tire but every online store I've found doesn't carry it. Can someone provide a link or suggestion?

Thanks!

[/URL]

enchantor said...

My question.... Does anyone know where to order this tire online? I see so many internet sites talking about the tire but every online store I've found doesn't carry it. Can someone provide a link or suggestion? 

Thanks!

Sorry
Available through Harley Dealers only.
I'd like to try one too. 

Last update on January 7 2013, 7:40 am by OneThumb.

Time Well Wasted
REMEMBER IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO LET VICTORY TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE...
Our Ontario Group:
http://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=622217&x=-82.947...
Okay so I gotta call the local Harley place or is there a Harley dealer online ? Thx for the info so far!
[/URL]

I didn't care for the Dunlop. Wore out way too fast.

"Shiny. Let's be bad guys."

I know this is probably kind of late.

I just bought one from Latus.   <cite>www.latus-harley-davidson.com </cite>

I stopped putting d407's on my Harley's because they wore out way too fast for me, too.

Yup. Dealer only item....gotta watch which dealer you get it from....some will really put the screws to you!
Btw.....
Why buy the one tire with the worst safety record to date? Did you google it? One failure after another.

Anyway....it's a free country. Unless you get a good discount at an HD dealer, it's going to be expensive.

wow this sorta surprises me that some 1 would be looking to put this tire on his bike, terrible terrible reveiws, not to mention my own expierance with this piece of sh%t tire on my harleys, do your home work buddy, i think you will change your mind, and if you dont, be safe and watch your tire very carefully and check pressure dailey, i only got 9000 miles out of this tire on both of my harleys, would never put 1 on my victory, but i can respect your wishes, to each their own

HOG
Interesting. Last spring I put a D407 rear E3 front on my Pin and love it. I did 7k last year and both tires still look great, I don't think they're even half way gone yet. I did a nice mix of twisty highways, interstates, and about 150-200 miles strait of solid in-your-face downpour. The bike handled great.
100" Kingpin, 115 hp 124 tq
110" Vision, 128 hp 130 tq

Check out the Bridgestone G850 Exedra tires - way cheaper and way better than the D407!!!

2005 Kingpin