TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Accessories????

Yes I’m reviving it.... My co-worker just bought a brand new Yamaha and he bought a passenger back seat, backrest, armrests and foot pegs and paid right at $400 and yet I buy a passenger backrest for $450 for my XC? Over $1700 for the trunk? I’m going to start contacting those Japanese manufacturers and have them start making parts for our bikes. American is overpriced. I already have foreign grips, mirrors and license plate frame and I love all 3.

P.S. It doesn't help that the companies making aftermarket products are charging an arm and a leg for everything too. Yes they make good products, but some of the stuff is outlandishly priced.

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of producing horsepower.

I checked online and Don Wood Victory was offering a 21% off promotion on Victory Accessories.   My local dealer  matched it.

photo Vicbanner.jpg

bobbyd85 said...

Yes I’m reviving it.... My co-worker just bought a brand new Yamaha and he bought a passenger back seat, backrest, armrests and foot pegs and paid right at $400 and yet I buy a passenger backrest for $450 for my XC? Over $1700 for the trunk? I’m going to start contacting those Japanese manufacturers and have them start making parts for our bikes. American is overpriced. I already have foreign grips, mirrors and license plate frame and I love all 3.

P.S. It doesn't help that the companies making aftermarket products are charging an arm and a leg for everything too. Yes they make good products, but some of the stuff is outlandishly priced.

Although I was initially caught of guard by Victory's prices for accessories, I learned to watch for discounts and buy from the small providers when I can.

When I consider that an HD that would meet my requirements the way this bike does would cost me many $Thousands more AND still more in maintenance, I feel like I got a good deal. Plus, the parts I have bought from the small Victory providers have been excellent.

BTW, since they dont make a touring bike in America, Yamaha can't even qualify to meet my needs for a bike, let alone accessories.

Happy with my Vision and the extra $$$ I have put into it.

YMMV
Keith 

Last update on May 3 2013, 1:43 pm by KeithGrey.
2010 Ocean Blue / Sandstone ABS Vision
Hi-flo front and top filters, Venturi inlets, PCV, VM1-HPT-DR CAMS, PTS, IAV, T-Cone Exh

Keith you have some good points. let me explain what my situation was and why I went with Victory. I was looking at the XC, Harley road glide and BMW K1600GTL. All three did what i wanted. comfortable 2 up riding. so i started looking into performance, cost of ownership, reviews, maintenance and ultimately the XC won for me and it was something that not many people had.

let us not forget that Victory is not Harley. Victory doesnt have the 100+ years of heritage and it doesnt have the huge following of chrome whores that will pay any price for the Harley name on it. so by your justification you paid less for your Vic and pay less for maintenance so its ok that we get raped on accessories? we Victory owners should expect and demand more.

my opinion

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of producing horsepower.

I thought the passenger backrest was expensive.  Then I really looked at it and held it in my hands.  Compared to the backrest on my Japanese bikes this thing was like an engineering marvel.  You are going to pay a lot more for accessories for a low unit manufacturer then you are for a mass manufacturer that has been basically putting out the same models for 15 years and a lot of the parts interchange.  Now as far as the luggage rack is concerned it is a joke that they want that much.  I could have a custom one made for the same price if not less and be a better quality.

The other way to think of it is, for your bike to stand out in the HD crowd you need to put about $10,000.00 in farkle on it, a Victory requires nothing, it stands out straight from the factory.... 

SQUIRREL!!!

dsjr70 said...

The other way to think of it is, for your bike to stand out in the HD crowd you need to put about $10,000.00 in farkle on it, a Victory requires nothing, it stands out straight from the factory.... 

thats a debatable statement depending on the crowd. lol stand out in a good way or bad? some people straight up hate our bikes and others love them and then theres HD guys who secretly love them but would never get caught saying it out loud. for shame to be whipped by your wife AND your bike lmao!

There is nothing in the Victory ads that mention cheap, so I would not expect it in the shiny bits for the bike. It would be great if it were all made here, but Polaris is a global company, so they know things are less expensive from China. The markups are probably pretty healthy, but quantity drives price.
 As others have pointed out, volume is a major driver in cost, and cost is what decides selling price. The X-bikes are quite popular, so I would expect to see aftermarket choices grow and prices come down a bit.

2007 Kingpin Premium

RoBrown said...

As others have pointed out, volume is a major driver in cost, and cost is what decides selling price. The X-bikes are quite popular, so I would expect to see aftermarket choices grow and prices come down a bit.

That sounds very similiar to what people were saying right before the new "Polaris" Indian motorcycles came out with their $40k price tag. guess you can wish in one hand and sh%t in the other see which one fills up faster?

bobbyd85 said...

That sounds very similiar to what people were saying right before the new "Polaris" Indian motorcycles came out with their $40k price tag. guess you can wish in one hand and sh%t in the other see which one fills up faster?

That was not a Polaris Indian. It really was just an old Indian with a Polaris badge and a limited production to give the 15 Indian dealers something to sell until Polaris could revamp the line.
SQUIRREL!!!
  likes this.