TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Hi-Flow Air Filter....from Lloydz

Monark26 said...
I recently installed Lloydz new Hi-Flow air filter and instead of following the instructions I left in place the stock plastic ring that goes around the front edge of the frame above the filter hole. I was concerned about water ingress during rain storms so I cut the stock plastic piece so it fit the new filter, which left in place the rubber seal at the front edge. Since doing this i've seen that others remove this seal to gain HP. My question is has anyone ever had problems with ingesting water during heavy rain after removing the rubber seal?

Remove the plastic ring like the directions say.

Check us out at www.Buywitchdoctors.com for over 950 Victory only parts! We are the largest supplier of Victory aftermarket parts in the world. Use coupon code GOLDVOG when checking out on the website.

I had an open intake on my Nomad (big round filter on the SIDE of the bike).  It rained, water got in.  I never had any issues.

Four wheels move the body
...Two wheels move the soul

Chris "Monkeyman" Gray
Widows Sons "Overseers"
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1986-1990
2012 Victory Vision
2007 Kawasaki Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

received my Lloydz filter today and had my Lloydz VFC for about a week, been waiting so i can do them both at the same time. im pretty excited. hope i can make time this week to install them and enjoy the difference.

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of producing horsepower.
Keep us posted on your "before and after" results.
Dean
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Sunset Red.
2012 Victory Vegas, Sunset Red and White.

bikerdeano said...
Keep us posted on your "before and after" results.

wish i could. there is no dyno anywhere near me. but i will let you know my honest thoughts and if my debaffled exhaust quits popping. right now i have it on up and downshift. also after taking the baffles out of my exhaust my get up and go in 5th and 6th gear seem very sluggish around 65-75mph. main reason i got the stuff in the first place.

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of producing horsepower.

bobbyd85 said...

wish i could. there is no dyno anywhere near me. but i will let you know my honest thoughts and if my debaffled exhaust quits popping. right now i have it on up and downshift. also after taking the baffles out of my exhaust my get up and go in 5th and 6th gear seem very sluggish around 65-75mph. main reason i got the stuff in the first place.

Try unplugging your O2 sensors to richen it up. Oops, just noticed you have a VFC. 

Last update on November 28 2012, 9:50 am by bikendad.
2010 XC
D&D pipes
Lloydz VM1-DR cams
Lloydz filter
Lloydz timing gear
Lloydz modded ECM

bikendad said...
Try unplugging your O2 sensors to richen it up. Oops, just noticed you have a VFC.

Gotta unplug them either way... 

2006 Victory Kingpin
110 Cubic Inches -- S&S stroker crank/Lloydz big bore, ductile iron liners, 11:1 Wiseco pistons, massaged heads,
VM1-HP cams, S&S springs/retainers, RPW Thor pipe, Torque Tubes, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring,
31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt. Dyno: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/half_crazy...

Half_Crazy said...

Gotta unplug them either way... 

Ya, just assumed he had already being as he hooked up the VFC. 

2010 XC
D&D pipes
Lloydz VM1-DR cams
Lloydz filter
Lloydz timing gear
Lloydz modded ECM
bikendad said...

Ya, just assumed he had already being as he hooked up the VFC. 

I haven't installed the vfc yet.
bobbyd85 said...

I haven't installed the vfc yet.

Then unplug those O2's, it runs lean with them plugged in as you're getting a lot of air with Lloydz filter.
2010 XC
D&D pipes
Lloydz VM1-DR cams
Lloydz filter
Lloydz timing gear
Lloydz modded ECM