TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Fog Lights/Running Lights

I have seen a few photos and threads on aux lights for the CCT. I do not like the way they are mounted on the front signal lights on the police bikes.  Has anyone found manufactured mounting brackets or anything that will make mounting a set of Pias easy under the headlight, on the front forks, or another area ??

Last update on August 28 2012, 9:51 pm by Andy.

I used kyuryakn P-clamps to mount some walmart driving lights to the crash bars...

I used some straight 3" long flat brackets,  mounted between the vertical forged bar and the top horizontal bar. Spaced the rear with thin stainless washers. The flat bracket is maybe 1/8" thick. Mounted Kuryakyn Silver Bullets with 20 watt bulbs. Ran my wires up under the painted plastic top cover, to the switch & power. When the top cover is back on you do not notice the small space that you shimmed out.

You can search lights or driving lights but the place with the Police light Kit was in Arizona here is the link

Attachments

Motolights.  Fit in the brake caliper.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4577...

2011 Cross Country, 2006 Suzuki Burgman 650, 2007 Harley Dyna,2007 2006 , 1976 BMW R75/5, 1971 BSA Lightning, 1947 Harley 45

Sorry misunderstood question and was at work not paying attention. This is what your looking for

http://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/11231/xc-lightb...

You may want to also look at this site with some Kuryakyn brackets that may work

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kuryakyn-front-m...

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have a set of Piaas I would like to use and am still searchn for that one mount that stands out, lol...

I mounted two sets of Denali DM1 Micros from Twisted Trottle.com.  The lights come in sets of two but additional pods can mount to each other as well.  I have them set up so the lower two have the fog light lens (25° flood pattern) and the upper two are the driving lights (10° spot pattern).  They throw off an incredible amount of light.  I realize my mounting location won't work on you CCT, however, I post because Twisted Throttle.com has many different  brackets that these light (or most others for that matter) will mount to.  These brackets can go off of the sides of your struts, the sides of your calipers, from up underneath your fairing, etc.  Check them out.

Good luck,  steviej

Last update on August 24 2012, 10:10 pm by steviej.

@gbcop

What size pclamp did you end up using? The 1-11/4 size?

I see and like what you did. I too have the xct and refuse to give 3-400 bucks for some small bullet lights. Your setup is well within my budget and can probably pull this off on a Sat mon with a cup of coffee.

Details, my good man, details...

Ride Safe! 

ev1l2n said...

@gbcop

What size pclamp did you end up using? The 1-11/4 size?

I see and like what you did. I too have the xct and refuse to give 3-400 bucks for some small bullet lights. Your setup is well within my budget and can probably pull this off on a Sat mon with a cup of coffee.

Details, my good man, details...

Ride Safe! 

Yes, I believe they were the 1 1/4 inch clamps.  I have been real happy with the setup and have about 4000 miles since install with no problems.  I think I paid about $45 for the clamps and $18 for the lights.  All in all, a great setup for not much money.  The lights are very bright, and I always get comments about the improved daytime visibility that they provide (which was my reason for installing them to begin with.)  If I can help in any way, just let me know.