TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Heated Clothing

Does anyone have a "best option" for routing wire connection for passenger heated clothing on the Cross Country? is there a power source under the seat or do I have to go all the way to battery?

Last update on August 17 2012, 8:28 am by Ironman.
Never underestimate old age and treachery.

on my Vision I got a power source under the Seat and didn't go all the way to the Battery, hope that help 

2005 Softail _____ Sold
2005 Bumble Bee Yellow Road Glide ___ Crashed
2009 Victory Vision

I purchased the trunk option for the XC. Does anyone know if the 12V power oulet is fused high enough to pemit using it for clothing?

Look in your owners manual. Never do any wiring with out a test meter

I bought my wife a heated Gerbing vest, she loves it. I wired it back to the battery. I was unsure of the amp draw at the heated seat plug located under the seat although I am sure it would be OK.

Last update on August 29 2012, 11:34 am by Gamewarden.
2011 Imperial blue CC,Stage 1,tour pack,HID lights,heated grips,klockwerks shield,front rear chrome guards and bag bars,heated clothing hook up,3M film,rear master cylinder and reservoir cover,Dain brake pedal,Itouch in hard lowers,heel shifter,Wolo Bad Boy horn, Clutch cover,Key cheese wedge, Barracuda Custom on right side,Cam covers. One very hard heated seat. Gorilla alarm.

I'm on a Vision but maybe can give you some ideas.The only circuit  I run directly off the battery other than an audio amp is for heated gear (and  a handy plug for my battery tender), and because the only time it's in use is when I'm sitting on a running bike so no worries about a dead battery + my switched acc circuit power up the GPS and XM..The Gerbing jacket and gloves wo pull somewhwere arond 10 amps so double that for a passenger.I don't have my manual handy ( @ work or supposed to be) but dont' think the plug in the tour pack is fused heavy enough.Go to www.powerlet.com they have all kinds of surface or flush mount powerlet plugs.    

Last update on August 29 2012, 3:11 pm by DTWOR.
Attachments
New%20Vision%20003.jpg (27.95 kb, 28 views)
New%20Vision%20004.jpg (17.61 kb, 27 views)

DTWOR said...

I'm on a Vision but maybe can give you some ideas.The only circuit  I run directly off the battery other than an audio amp is for heated gear (and  a handy plug for my battery tender), and because the only time it's in use is when I'm sitting on a running bike so no worries about a dead battery + my switched acc circuit power up the GPS and XM..The Gerbing jacket and gloves wo pull somewhwere arond 10 amps so double that for a passenger.I don't have my manual handy ( @ work or supposed to be) but dont' think the plug in the tour pack is fused heavy enough.Go to www.powerlet.com they have all kinds of surface or flush mount powerlet plugs. 

Thanks DTWOR the heated clothes connection will be strictly for the passenger in this case. I might be ok if we're only looking at 10Amp draw. I have not been able to find out what that circuit is capable of. I asked the salesman and he thought it would be adequate?   

Last update on August 29 2012, 3:36 pm by Ironman.

Hi,

Don't know which XC you are referring to but the 2011 XCT has 2 accessory sockets built in.

One on the dash and one in the front left "glovebox".

If I am reading the riders manual correctly the main dash socket is wired for 20A and the "glovebox" socket is wired for 10A (page 102)

Hope this helps

cheers

Hi,

Don't know which XC you are referring to but the 2011 XCT has 2 accessory sockets built in.

One on the dash and one in the front left "glovebox".

If I am reading the riders manual correctly the main dash socket is wired for 20A and the "glovebox" socket is wired for 10A (page 102)

Hope this helps

cheers

Thanks VIW, I was looking for the fused level of the outlet in the detachable trunk. My quess is it's probabaly 10A given that the XCT's glove box outlet is 10A. It looks like I'll have to hard wire the connection all the way up to the battery.

I put in a heated Gerbing vest and wired it back to the battery. The cable they give you is not log enough to get back to the passenger seat so you will need an extension.

2011 Imperial blue CC,Stage 1,tour pack,HID lights,heated grips,klockwerks shield,front rear chrome guards and bag bars,heated clothing hook up,3M film,rear master cylinder and reservoir cover,Dain brake pedal,Itouch in hard lowers,heel shifter,Wolo Bad Boy horn, Clutch cover,Key cheese wedge, Barracuda Custom on right side,Cam covers. One very hard heated seat. Gorilla alarm.