TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

The Official VOG 3.0 Bug Report Thread -- UPDATED: see page 11, post #109

While we strive for perfection, the path can sometimes be rocky. 

Welcome to The VOG 3.0. I would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know about various bugs you find on the site by placing a post in this thread. Yes, we know there's a number of things not working perfectly, but for the most part, the transition from the old site to the new one went very well. Many thanks to the team behind the scenes for working around the clock to make sure our photos, forum posts and other items made the trip from its old home to the new one. They'll be monitoring this thread and while they may not respond, they will investigate any bugs you may find. 

Last update on August 8 2012, 3:43 pm by Admin.
Founder Of The VOG

I'm bumping this thread so that it's visible when we open the doors at 10pm!

Founder Of The VOG

I love the new front page photos but they have lines going through them until it is ready to switch to the next page, then it clears up.

^ That post almost made it sound like I knew what I was talking about.

A good rider can overcome marginal equipment. However, even the best equipment can't overcome a marginal rider.
When I hit the dashboard button at the top of the page it takes me to the message that the VOG is offline. Also, it is telling me that I have an email, when i don't. Overall, the VOG 3.0seems pretty cool. It is going to take a while to get used to.
Rob
2007 Kingpin Premium

Mine is showing I have an email, I click on the email button and I have no unread ones?

A good rider can overcome marginal equipment. However, even the best equipment can't overcome a marginal rider.
dsjr said...

Mine is showing I have an email, I click on the email button and I have no unread ones?

Mine is doing the same thing. Also, after I post, it tells me it is not a valid forum, but the post does go through.
2007 Kingpin Premium

RoBrown said...
When I hit the dashboard button at the top of the page it takes me to the message that the VOG is offline. Also, it is telling me that I have an email, when i don't. Overall, the VOG 3.0seems pretty cool. It is going to take a while to get used to. Rob

That's your browser! You can either clear the brower's cache or you can restart your computer and I'll promise it will be working properly. 

Founder Of The VOG

The email/friend request/notifications don't seem to be operating just right. I only see the Red numbers when I am IN my profile page....but when I try and click on them nothing happens. When I switch to the dashboard I no longer see the Red numbers, but when I click on the icons they actually open.

All in all very Cool

State map2012 by phoenix9 VisitedMexicanStatesMap by phoenix9

QUALITY over speed. Doing a crappy job fast is worthless, so take pride in your work as so few do these days. If you want to lose respect, then act like your work doesn't matter.

dsjr said...

Here's the solution:

1) Click the Mail Icon

2) Click See All Messages at the bottom of message the pop-up window. 

3) Change the sort to: Unread First

4) Read and/or delete the unread messages. 

This new system is a complete rebuild, not a patch job and it went through all your messages and knows which ones are unread!

Founder Of The VOG

I just deleted all my emails (you really need an easier way to do that) and the notification went away.  But I had no unread emails in there...   Also, I an still banned...lol