TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Engine Oil

Trying to get an opinion on the best engine oil to use in my Kingpin....
The slippery kind.

AARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="chrome-extension://fcdjadjbdihbaodagojiomdljhjhjf ho/css/atd.css"></link>
Real Racecars DONT have fenders !
Sorry Seabee, just to give you the heads up, the "Oil" thread has kinda been beaten to death.<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" href="chrome-extension://fcdjadjbdihbaodagojiomdljhjhjf ho/css/atd.css"></link>
For people that are newer and ask innocent questions it is exactly that, for those of us that have been here for a while, its kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard.
If you look back at the archives you will find many threads, and even more opinions , on this subject.
Good luck.

I use Victory oil
Real Racecars DONT have fenders !

Use Victory 20W40 Synthetic Blend 20W40 engine oil for all temperatures. If Victory oil is not available, use a high quality

20W40 motorcycle designed for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA rating).

Do not put chemical additives in the oil. Victory motorcycle oil has been specially designed for this application.

Additional additives are not necessary and have not been approved by Victory Engineering

SQUIRREL!!!
Crisco
Look in the mirror, laugh at yourself..it's healthy!

Frank Coletto
2006 Touring Cruiser

Retired Bikes:
2011 Blue XC
2009 Vision Tour Premium (Black)
2007 Hammer S
2005 Custom KP
2002 Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2000 Custom C
You can ask a lot of people the same question and receive many opinions on this topic.

Last week, I asked the Owner of Volusia Motorsports the same question. His answer is in this video:

Founder Of The VOG
Quote:
Originally posted by: "Seabee26
Trying to get an opinion on the best engine oil to use in my Kingpin....

Please don't.

Seriously, do a search.

60% Victory oil, 35% Amsoil, and 5% bacon grease. This way you'll have all the bases and most of the controversy covered, and when you start the bike up in the morning it'll smell great......

don't forget the extra virgin olive oil in the mix.
I don't ride enough. Only 163,000km since April 7, 2010 on my '10 XR

VisitedProvincesMap by bored76 VisitedStatesMap11 by bored76
Rode Fishwitch's bike last weekend. 137,000 miles without so much as a side cover being removed. Victory oil from day one. RK had his motor split a couple of times by that point with the full synth Amsoil