TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Need shifter mount for a 2010 XC

I have bought a heel toe shifter for my 2011 XC. I had two different dealers tell me that it would work even the dealer web site said it would. Guess what it will not without the 2010 mount. I like the one for the 2010 better because it is all chrome. I called the dealer I bought the bike from and they could not locate one, they said that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a wrecker 2010 that I could get this part?
James McGee
Are you talking about the post that the lever mounts to?
Last update on March 1 2012, 7:35 am by mjw930.

Click for Ormond Beach, Florida Forecast

Call Kevin at Polaris of Gainesville
^ That post almost made it sound like I knew what I was talking about.

A good rider can overcome marginal equipment. However, even the best equipment can't overcome a marginal rider.
It's more than the bolt, it's the mount that bolts to the frame that's different too. I imagine it's close to $100 worth of parts needed to retrofit everything to accept the old shifter.

Click for Ormond Beach, Florida Forecast

Check with Joe at Kewlmetal. I think he offers a heel toe shifter for the 2010 and the 2011. You are right, the mounting is different on both years.
Scott aka ZZedmonds
2010 Cross Country
(Former owner 2008 Kingpin Tour)
Cascade Victory Riders Vice President - LC#85 of the VMC
Patriot Guard Riders Member

RPW Exhaust, Joker Lowbrow mirrors, Joker Highway Pegs, Ness Knurled shifter/brake pegs, lid racks, fender trim, drivers backrest, XM radio, Gustafssen Windshield, Ness heel toe shifter, Kewlmetal driving lights, Stebel horn, ipod interface, Kruzer Kaddy, ARC XD4080 amp, Audio Control LC8 preamp and Infinity speaker upgrade, Victory Trunk, custom Cycleops engine covers, custom hard lower deflectors, Baker Air-wings, Kewlmetal LED Longboards, Fusion LED light kit, Kewlmetal Fat Fork tubes, Meat Hooks 2" pullback handlebars, Sagebrush designs tank bib.
I got an 11 and I just got the heel toe shifter from dealer he ordered it in put it on and it is all chrome there was some confusion first he got one for the vision doesn't work then he got the one for 11 xcross I like it
4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
you know the vic heel toe shifter is in 2 pieces heel is chrome our stock is not but they sell a chrome toe shifter the one piece the heel bolts to either one
4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul