TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Electrical Connectors

I recently purchased an '11 Black Crossroads, RPW pipes, heated seat and grips. When I took the side panels off, there are 4 connectors on the left hand side that I don't know what they are for. Since the seat and grips are already heated, can't think of what they would be for and the electrical chapter in the service manual doesn't address them.

This is the way I got it from the dealer, the only other thing I added was a connector for a heated vest. I know, I have lots of things heated, but found it extends the riding season in Minnesota, plus it keeps the wife happy. I was hoping to use one of these to power a USB outlet in my right saddlebag if possible.

I really hate messing with anything electrical, I can just see me blowing the whole electrical system up. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
attach1.JPG (356 kb, 25 views)
attach.JPG (416.86 kb, 29 views)
2013 Crimson Red Cross Country
Victory Stage 1 w/Black Tri-Ovals

2011 Black Crossroads (Sold)
RPW pipes
Heated seat & grips

2009 Cherry Vision Premium Tour
Victory Stage 1
Perhaps the optional trunk as it has a tailight and speakers. Just a guess.
Quote:
Originally posted by: KrossRhoades2011

Perhaps the optional trunk as it has a tailight and speakers. Just a guess.

Thats a damn good guess. But now thinking of it the trunk only had one connector. Is there a CB / CD option for the trunk? That might be the other cables?
^ That post almost made it sound like I knew what I was talking about.

A good rider can overcome marginal equipment. However, even the best equipment can't overcome a marginal rider.
Do you have any aftermarket electricals fitted? (radio/cb/heated clothing)
They don't look like normal motorcycle plugs.
More like standard stereo headphone sockets, and the left one looks like a stereo helmet headset with mike setup
Plug for the rear(taillights etc on trunk would be a standard plug back under the seat somewhere).
On the cross country(same bike) the plug is near where you are there but is a standard clip in type square plug arrangement.
Definitely looks aftermarket to me
cheers
Pete
First of all SEMPER FI brother. But I can't help you with thoses connections. The next time you bring it buy a dealership, maybe they could tell you.
I'm with Vision-in-White. Those definitely look like audio/comm type jacks.
Quote:
Originally posted by: Vision-in-white

Do you have any aftermarket electricals fitted? (radio/cb/heated clothing)
They don't look like normal motorcycle plugs.
More like standard stereo headphone sockets, and the left one looks like a stereo helmet headset with mike setup
Plug for the rear(taillights etc on trunk would be a standard plug back under the seat somewhere).
On the cross country(same bike) the plug is near where you are there but is a standard clip in type square plug arrangement.
Definitely looks aftermarket to me
cheers
Pete

only after market is a cord for a heated vest for the wife, which is ran up on the right side.

RPW pipes
Heated seat & grips

Victory Stage 1
Quote:
Originally posted by: mmlanes

I'm with Vision-in-White. Those definitely look like audio/comm type jacks.

Thats probably it, are those standard connections? I'm assuming everything is pre-wired for any accessories. Many thanks to all...

RPW pipes
Heated seat & grips

Victory Stage 1
Did you buy the bike new or used?

Time Well Wasted
REMEMBER IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO LET VICTORY TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE...
Our Ontario Group:
http://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=622217&x=-82.947...
Quote:
Originally posted by: OneThumb

Did you buy the bike new or used?

New from the dealer had 1 mile on it when I picked her up....

RPW pipes
Heated seat & grips

Victory Stage 1