TheVOG helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Warranty Issues

I have encountered a new customer service problem, when I asked the dealership for my warranty details it came up that it expires in 2013. I know that sounds good but when I purchased my CC I was supposed to get a 3 year warranty, that was Victory's promotion at the time of purchase in November. When I talked to the dealer they told me to talk to customer service and we all know what that gets you (A Big Fat Nothing). I called (lack of) customer service and recieved exactly what I expected and that was to talk with my dealer. Does anyone out there have any advice? I could use all the help I can get on this one.
Please let me know if something happens with this. I just bought a 2011 XC yesterday , the owner said they had the 5 year warranty but when I checked with Victory they said only to 2013 (2yrs) The dealer that sold it to them also claims it had a 5 yr warranty. They have tried to contact Vic about this but no word yet.
2011 Victory Cross Country, Imperial Blue my new baby my wife has named Tori.

2002 Honda Shadow ACE, my wife's bike, she calls it Beauty.
Quote:
Originally posted by: EddyG

Please let me know if something happens with this. I just bought a 2011 XC yesterday , the owner said they had the 5 year warranty but when I checked with Victory they said only to 2013 (2yrs) The dealer that sold it to them also claims it had a 5 yr warranty. They have tried to contact Vic about this but no word yet.

The dealer has to do a transfer of the warranty. I think it cost $50.00 since it is by a third party.
SQUIRREL!!!
I know all about the transfer of warranty, and was told it was $25 to transfer. Transfer isn't the problem. My problem, the original dealer and the previous owner said it had a 5 yr warranty and Victory says 2 years. With others having the same problem is it Vic not recording it right? And messing with customers? I just think that Vic changing how many yrs warranty on their bikes for different quarters is causing confusion at the dealers and the owners. My case the owner and dealer thought it was 5 years, Vic has two. Who is right?
2011 Victory Cross Country, Imperial Blue my new baby my wife has named Tori.

2002 Honda Shadow ACE, my wife's bike, she calls it Beauty.
Quote:
Originally posted by: EddyG

I know all about the transfer of warranty, and was told it was $25 to transfer. Transfer isn't the problem. My problem, the original dealer and the previous owner said it had a 5 yr warranty and Victory says 2 years. With others having the same problem is it Vic not recording it right? And messing with customers? I just think that Vic changing how many yrs warranty on their bikes for different quarters is causing confusion at the dealers and the owners. My case the owner and dealer thought it was 5 years, Vic has two. Who is right?

I really cant answer it because I dont know if Vic tracks the warranties since it is a third party warranty company and not a factory warranty. Have you tried calling the warranty company itself? I believe it is GE but that might have changed also.
SQUIRREL!!!
I buy used, I don't need no stinking warranty..

Seriously, get everything in writing..He said ,she said never flys in this world..
nothing will ever break unless you push it past max limits. vics are bullet-proof.
VIC2RY
2004 Monterey LSC 218 Boat with 260hp
2007 Honda CRF 150F with plenty of mods
2007 Honda TRX 250 with attitude
2009 VIC KP
Lotsa BIG Rockets --> whoosh!
My Level 3 flight. by h7wae14t